This page tracks what I’m doing right now. Last updated September 2017.
Here is a list of my main current projects:
- New Essay: “The Nature of Science”
- New Essay: “On the Intersection of Science, Technology, and Society”
- New Review: Victorinox Altmont Deluxe Rolltop Laptop Backpack
- Teaching ECE 5984 Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things
- Teaching ECE 5484 Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Taking STS Introduction to Science and Technology Studies
- Worldcon 75 — Check
- New review: Lenox Garden Grove Teapot
- New review: QualGear 120-Inch Fixed-Frame Projection Screen
- Black Hat 20 — Check
- Def Con 25 — Check
I’ll keep this page updated when there is a new project added or an older one archived. Note that you can also keep up with even more timely updates and interests by following me on Twitter @kendallgiles.
In general I like to stay fairly over-allocated on interesting projects that allow me to learn, grow, create, and do.
So far, I think Gary Vaynerchuk has quite hit the nail on the head regarding what is the best use of the short slice of time each of us have here on Earth. When someone used the excuse that they were too old to start a new business/project/career, he said (my paraphrase):
Are you kidding? Look, even if you are 60 years old, the life expectancy these days is something like 100 years. So even if you are 60 years old, you’ve got 40 more years to start something new and do something meaningful in your life. What, at 60 you are just going to give up, play golf, and watch TV for the next 40 years?
I agree. It’s never too late to start a new project, pursue a dream, or do something meaningful.
Start right now.