This page tracks what I’m doing right now. Last updated July 2017.
Here is a list of my main current projects:
- New review: Lenox Garden Grove Teapot
- New review: QualGear 120-Inch Fixed-Frame Projection Screen
- Black Hat 20 — Check. Def Con 25 — Check.
- Now it’s time to get the two courses I’m teaching at Virginia Tech this fall in order.
- New review: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD
- New review: Bertech ESD Mat with Wrist Strap and Grounding Cord
- New review: Benro SLIM Aluminum Travel Tripod
- New review: Nokia Steel Activity and Sleep Watch
- New review: BRAVEN Brava Conference Call and Car Speaker
- New review: Marshall Monitor Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
I’ll keep this page updated when there is a new project added or an older one archived. Note that you can also keep up with even more timely updates and interests by following me on Twitter @kendallgiles.
In general I like to stay fairly over-allocated on interesting projects that allow me to learn, grow, create, and do.
So far, I think Gary Vaynerchuk has quite hit the nail on the head regarding what is the best use of the short slice of time each of us have here on Earth. When someone used the excuse that they were too old to start a new business/project/career, he said (my paraphrase):
Are you kidding? Look, even if you are 60 years old, the life expectancy these days is something like 100 years. So even if you are 60 years old, you’ve got 40 more years to start something new and do something meaningful in your life. What, at 60 you are just going to give up, play golf, and watch TV for the next 40 years?
I agree. It’s never too late to start a new project, pursue a dream, or do something meaningful.
Start right now.