Currently: check out what he is doing right now.
As an engineer, technologist, and researcher, Kendall has worked in a variety of fields and industries, including medical imaging, systems engineering, software engineering, and cybersecurity. He has more than a dozen academic publications. As a professor he has designed and taught courses at the university undergraduate and graduate levels (for more information click here).
- Research: Cybersecurity, Traffic Analysis, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, IoT, and Computational Statistics
- Undergraduate/Graduate Teaching: Cybersecurity, Computer Systems, Internet of Things, Mobile Systems, Machine Learning, Computational Statistics
- Interdisciplinary emphasis
- Published fiction and non-fiction writer
- Create tech review and travel videos for YouTube channel
- Portfolio: www.kendallgiles.com/portfolio/
- “Cybersecurity at a distance: coordinating ECE courses online”: April 19, 2017
- “Kendall Giles Joins ECE”: September 1, 2016
Kendall has an MFA from the Stonecoast MFA Program in Creative Writing at the University of Southern Maine. He also has publishing experience at the literary agency Foundry Literary and Media under Peter McGuigan.
His short story “Here to Help” was displayed as a part of the ThinkSmall7 art exhibition in Richmond, Virginia, October-December 2013.
His short story “A Delicate Touch” won the Raw Dog Screaming Press Retrospective Writing Contest, October 2010. Said Dr. Michael Arnzen, the judge of the contest,
You took the lessons of ‘Stabbing for Dummies’ [a story in Dr. Arnzen’s 100 Jolts: Shockingly Short Stories] to a new level in your winning entry.
In 2011 he was invited to read his story “Searching” at the international invitational ThinkSmall6 exhibition at the Artspace gallery in Richmond, Virginia.
- PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- MFA, University of Southern Maine
- MS, Purdue University
- BS, Virginia Tech